Friday, January 6, 2017

Rainy Days

I woke up this morning to the sound of rain hitting my window... I immediately got so excited to start the day. I LOVE rain! I LOVE that cold that comes with it. I LOVE the smell it brings. I LOVE how it cleans up the earth and makes it seem so quiet and peaceful outside. I LOVE  the sound it makes. I LOVE how it makes me feel so warm and cozy inside... which makes me make my home all warm and cozy inside. Blankets come out, pajamas stay on, usually bread is made and warm soup is sipped, bubble baths happen with all Evie's rubber duckies,... and my kids always talk me in to making rich dairy free hot chocolate! I have no where to go and only time to spend with my kids and husband if he happens to be home from work. Today was just that... Paige, Evie, and I stayed in our jammies, made banana bread, read the jewel fairy book cozied up in my bed for an hour, learned and sang lullabies on our special cozy reading chairs, colored in the princess palace pets coloring book (amazingly well for a 4 and 2 year old), and watched a hawk that landed on the fence with pure excitement that he chose our house to land. I started to feel a bit sick and Paige wrapped me in a blanket and said she could be my teddy bear! Seriously!!! There is no better days then your random rainy day. It gives me a moment to just put everything I always push myself to do and get done away and say it can wait and I just lap up the quiet day of peace and warmth. These Rainy days have become my most treasured memories, safest feelings, and calming/ refreshing times.


I was thinking how the world has put Rain/storms to describe trials we go through. How if we can only stand the rain and storms then the rainbow will come and the sun will shine and then happiness and healing will happen. But I thought you know... it really doesn't have to be that why... I LOVE rain and storms so much that if I tie it to my own trials I can find a way to love those days I struggle to. I was having a conversation about the direction I am going to take with my anxiety. I have really struggled with having the courage to take medication. Not because I am embarrassed that I need it or not because I think I can do this on my own. But I found that I have never seen anyone who is on medication personally... have a positive reaction to it. People have fainted in my room from medication I was unaware they were taking for anxiety/depression, people have walked into a doctors appointment/counselors appointments and within 15 minutes... no joke... have come back out to my car with 3 other medications to take. Obviously the professional didn't really listen them and  just prescribed whatever medication just because without seeing what's going on. I have had a neighbor who was on so many different medications that scary things happened that I had to go help. The list goes on... So I feel I have become very scared of what may happen to me. I took birth control and I had so many side effects that when the doctor took me off and wanted me to come back in to try new medication... I freaked and wouldn't go. So I prayed for guidance... for help to get over my fear so I could take medication and start on the rode to becoming better maybe! I prayed for guidance on who and what I should do for my next step medication or what??


For the past little while the Word of Wisdom has popped in and out of my mind. I have thought about it randomly a lot for some strange reason and just forgot about it. But it always seemed to come back into my mind... bothering me to do something! A couple days ago I woke up thinking about it again... so I finally decided I really needed to study the Word of Wisdom found in the Doctrine and Covenants. I opened my scriptures to the next chapter I was studying and what do you know it happened to be Doctrine & Covenants 88-89 the Word of Wisdom! Coincidence??? Maybe... but I don't think so! I studied and the words gripped my heart so tightly. I got a huge feeling that this could be the direction my Father in Heaven my be sending me for my "medication" and possible healing or strength...

Doctrin and Covenants
89 1:16
A Word of Wisdom, for the benefit of the council of high priests, assembled in Kirtland, and the church, and also the saints in Zion—
 To be sent greeting; not by commandment or constraint, but by revelation and the word of wisdom, showing forth the order and will of God in the temporal salvation of all saints in the last days—
 Given for a principle with promise, adapted to the capacity of the weak and the weakest of all saints, who are or can be called saints.
 Behold, verily, thus saith the Lord unto you: In consequence of evils and designs which do and will exist in the hearts of conspiring men in the last days, I have warned you, and forewarn you, by giving unto you this word of wisdom by revelation—
 That inasmuch as any man drinketh wine or strong drink among you, behold it is not good, neither meet in the sight of your Father, only in assembling yourselves together to offer up your sacraments before him.
 And, behold, this should be wine, yea, pure wine of the grape of the vine, of your own make.
 And, again, strong drinks are not for the belly, but for the washing of your bodies.
 And again, tobacco is not for the body, neither for the belly, and is not good for man, but is an herb for bruises and all sick cattle, to be used with judgment and skill.
 And again, hot drinks are not for the body or belly.
 10 And again, verily I say unto you, all wholesome herbs God hath ordained for the constitution, nature, and use of man—
 11 Every herb in the season thereof, and every fruit in the season thereof; all these to be used with prudence and thanksgiving.
 12 Yea, flesh also of beasts and of the fowls of the air, I, the Lord, have ordained for the use of man with thanksgiving; nevertheless they are to be used sparingly;
 13 And it is pleasing unto me that they should not be used, only in times of winter, or of cold, or famine.
 14 All grain is ordained for the use of man and of beasts, to be the staff of life, not only for man but for the beasts of the field, and the fowls of heaven, and all wild animals that run or creep on the earth;
 15 And these hath God made for the use of man only in times of famine and excess of hunger.
 16 All grain is good for the food of man; as also the fruit of the vine; that which yieldeth fruit, whether in the ground or above the ground—

88:123-126
123 See that ye love one another; cease to be covetous; learn to impart one to another as the gospel requires.(give)
 124 Cease to be idle; cease to be unclean; cease to find fault one with another; cease to sleep longer than is needful; retire to thy bed early, that ye may not be weary; arise early, that your bodies and your minds may be invigorated.
 125 And above all things, clothe yourselves with the bond of charity, as with a mantle, which is the bond of perfectness and peace.
 126 Pray always, that ye may not faint, until I come. Behold, and lo, I will come quickly, and receive you unto myself. Amen.

This is the promise the Lord gives if we follow the Word of Wisdom vs. 18-21

 18 And all saints who remember to keep and do these sayings, walking in obedience to the commandments, shall receive health in their navel and marrow to their bones;
 19 And shall find wisdom and great treasures of knowledge, even hidden treasures;
 20 And shall run and not be weary, and shall walk and not faint.
 21 And I, the Lord, give unto them a promise, that the destroying angel shall pass by them, as the children of Israel, and not slay them(be protected). Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment